Attention Madera County residents, are you interested in learning more about what resources are available to deal with dead and dying trees? If so, be sure to attend the upcoming Tree Mortality Resource Fair on Saturday, April 2nd from 9 am to 12 pm at the Oakhurst Elementary School Auditorium. The fair is being hosted by CalFire and Madera County’s 5th District Supervisor, Tom Wheeler.
Residents are encouraged to come by any time between 9 and 12 to talk to representatives from CalFire, USFS, PG&E, and the groups listed below, who will have booths set up in the auditorium.
Saturday, April 2nd
9 am – 12 pm
Oakhurst Elementary School Auditorium
49495 High School Rd
Oakhurst, CA 93644
Residents can speak directly to:
- Home OwnersInsurance Contacts
- Madera County FireWise Program & Coordinator
- Natural Resource Conservation Services
- Office of Emergency Service – Madera & Mariposa County
- Pacific Gas & Electric
- Sierra Nevada Conservancy
- United States Forest Service, Bass Lake Ranger District
- Yosemite/Sequoia Resource Conservation & Development Council
For information, please check out the attached flyers. If you have further questions, you can contact Supervisor Wheeler at 559-662-6050.
Tree Mortality Resource Fair Flyer PDF
2015 9 15 Madera County Tree Mortality Emergency Resolution PDF