Join us Thursday April 27 at your very own Reforestation Workshop!
CAL FIRE, NRCS and UC Extension, in partnership with Supervisor Tom Wheeler’s office, will be hosting a Reforestation Workshop for forest land owners and foresters on Thursday, April 27, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Oakhurst Community Library (49044 Civic Circle, Oakhurst, CA 93644). Please note that this workshop is appropriate for any size landowner in Eastern Madera County.
- Ray Laclergue – Intermountain Nursery, Owner
- Jodi Axelson – Forestry Advisor, University of California Cooperative Extension
- Stewart McMorrow – Stewardship Forester, CAL FIRE
- Doris Van Goidsenhoven– L.A. Moran Reforestation Center, CAL FIRE
- Zolt Katay– Forestry Assistance Specialist (Southern Region), CAL FIRE
- Johnnie Siliznoff– District Conservationist, NRCS
- Forest ecology following heavy tree mortality.
- Reforestation basics.
- Preparing the ground for planting.
- Selection of nursery stock.
- Treating competing vegetation.
- Land owner assistance programs that are currently available.
Please RSVP no later than Friday April 14th to Supervisor Tom Wheeler’s Office at email@example.com. There is no cost for this workshop. Limited space available.
Forestry Assistance Specialist
April 3, 2017
CAL FIRE NEWS RELEASE
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection